Cosmic vegan meringues
I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
The perfect present : these vegan meringues are not a lot of work, you don’t need a lot of ingredients but the result is impressive.
- 120 ml of aquafaba ((chickpea brine))
- ½ tsp of vinegar ((white or red wine))
- 125 grams of cane or coconut sugar
- 1 medium fresh beetroot
- If you have a juicer, juice your beetroot. If not, mix it in a blender with a little bit of water and then squeeze all the juice in a nut milk bag or kitchen towel out of it. You need about 3-4 tbsp of juice.
- Add your chickpea water to a mixing bowl and place it on your stand mixer using a whisk attachment (if you don’t have one use a hand or stand mixer)
- Add your vinegar
- Turn the machine on and let it whip for a while (it can take up to 5 minutes)
- To test if your aquafaba is ready, gently turn the bowl upside down.
- If it’s all firm and does not move you can start adding sugar but do this step very slowly, tablespoon by tablespoon
- The mixture should become glossy and thick
- Preheat the oven to 100 °C
- Take an icing bag (if you don’t have one you can take a small plastic bag and cut a little hole in it)
Trickle ½ tsp of beetroot juice inside making sure it coats the insides of the bag
Now spoon meringue mixture into the bag
Squeeze small blobs onto the tray (leave some space in between each)
Bake for about 75 minutes
Turn the oven off but leave the meringues inside with the door slightly open for another 45-60 minutes
Store the meringues in an airtight container
You can find all our other recipes right here!