Vianne: And these are for your husband. Unrefined cacao nibs from Guatemala, to awaken the passions.
Yvette: Psshh. You’ve obviously never met my husband.
Vianne: Well, you’ve obviously never tried these.
From the movie Chocolat
Hot, warming perfect winter breakfast for all the chocolate lovers out there
- 250 grams of oatmeal
- 3 dates
- 300 ml of plant based milk (or water)
- ½ tsp of ginger bread spice
- a pinch of salt
- 2 squares of dark chocolate (we use 100% cocoa choc)
- cacao nibs (you decide how much)
- cashews and walnuts (as much as you want)
- 2 Tbsp of tahini
- 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate sauce we used sweet freedom choc shot
In a small saucepan over high heat add oats, milk, a pinch of salt and stir
When it comes to a boil, reduce to medium heat
Cut the dates in small pieces and add them to you pan – so they can sweeten the porridge while cooking
Now cook until thick and creamy
Remove from stove top (add a little more milk if it's too thick)
Use all the topping and garnish it on top of your oats as you like it – enjoy!
Did you enjoy it? Find all our other recipes here.